Saturday, August 23, 2008

Through the looking glass...

Beige and spherical, the mask sped across the lane. Dodging and sidestepping, ducking behind one cement block, running past the second and- *BOOM*

The head exploded, leaving behind a body that fell forward limply. Pulling the bolt on my M40A3 rifle, I looked up using my own eyes to survey the abandoned apartment block before me. The snow filled the air between the building i was in and the one across, and for a moment, it was quiet. Then my eyes picked out a quick movement past the windows. I looked down my scope again, leading him to the next window, he ran into the needle, and *BOOM* he was sent spinning to the side as his blood painted the dull walls red. Something about the dull walls reminded me of my brothers. Days in the killinghouse seemed more distant than i could see through my scope...I wondered what had become of them.

Snapping me back to the present, firefights erupted all over as my fellow SAS stormed the building from a side entrance. I heard the familiar crack of a Dragunov sniper rifle from the left, and saw one of my comrades taken down. Scanning the direction i heard the shot from, i picked out the minute glint of the scope. Bringing the needle crosshair to the sparkle, i fired and the rifle dropping from the bush was the only indication i got that the Spetsnaz sniper had been taken out. Glancing through the windows of the wrecked building i tried to get a clear shot, i held my breath and fired again, this time taking out the machinegunner who was pinning down more of my comrades. Suddenly, i heard a minute *click* that signalled the trigger of a claymore mine before i heard an explosion...Someone had come through back. Slinging the rifle across my back, i drew my silenced USP and had my knife at the ready. Silently, I cursed Where are my brothers when i need them?

I walked carefully, listening for sounds of more intruders. Treading silently i cleared the empty rooms one by one. I stopped in my tracks as a creak from the next room alerted me to a presence...more footsteps now, walking steadily to my position. I tried my radio..."Echo, come in Echo"...static..."Leviath, anyone, can you read me?"...more static. I guess it's just me and the Russians. I drew a flashbang and threw it out into the corridor. Hearing the bang followed by shouts of surprise, i thought to myself...It's just me and the russians...I levelled my USP with my right hand and held my knife in the left...Walking out into the corridor, it was all i thought of...It's just me...

1 comment:

SyNide said...

Was emo at the time, lol...

Nvm, wait for some WAR stories :)